This Organic Pumpkin Bread recipe is an Eco News Network family favorite. Post your family favorite fall recipe to the Eco News Network facebook page and we might share it here for fellow readers to enjoy!
For this Organic Pumpkin Bread recipe, you can use real sugar pumpkins if you want but the organic canned variety works great and is a lot less work so that’s what we use.
- 1 cup organic raisins soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 3 cups organic sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped organic pecans or walnuts
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached organic flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-15 ounce can of organic pumpkin
- 1 cup organic sunflower oil
- 4 local farm fresh eggs
- Grease and flour 4 bread pans
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Cream sugar & eggs then add oil and mix well
- Add pumpkin & flour mixture
- Fill bread pans, then add nuts and raisins
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees
Cool for a few minutes and turn out pans to finish cooling.