September 15, 2015
Fall is just around the corner with its cool nights and wonderful colors and textures. The good news is that pumpkins are beginning to show up just about everywhere you look. That triggered a desire to make Mom’s Pumpkin Bread for the first time this season and to share the recipe with you. Have you own fall family favorite recipes? Share them by emailing them to email@example.com.
For Mom’s Pumpkin Bread, you can use actual pumpkins if you want but the organic canned variety works great and is a lot less work so that is what we’re going with here. Also, note that mom used recycled coffee cans to bake her Pumpkin Bread but if you don’t have these you could use bread pans and it should work. Enjoy!
Mom’s Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- 1 cup organic raisins soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 3 cups organic sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped organic pecans or walnuts
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached organic flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-15 ounce can of organic pumpkin
- 1 cup organic sunflower oil
- 4 local farm fresh eggs
- Grease and flour 4, 1 pound coffee cans
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Cream sugar & eggs then add oil and mix well
- Add pumpkin & flour mixture
- Fill coffee cans or bread pans, then add nuts and raisins
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees
Cool for a few minutes and turn out of cans or pans to finish cooling.