Check out these six fall skin care tips to keep your skin hydrated and healthy throughout the fall season.1. Eat those fall veggies. Remember when your mother or father told you to always eat your vegetables? Well, they were definitely onto something! Eatingwell.com says fall veggies like broccoli, cabbage, chard, and squash are not only delicious but have health benefits too! Also, your fall skin care routine should include foods that contain beta-carotene such as carrots that protect skin from acne, wrinkles, sun damage, blemishes and dry skin.
2. Shorter showers are better. Not only does taking a shorter shower conserve water and better the planet, but it can also benefit your skin. According to WebMD, long, hot showers can dry out your skin. Warm or cool showers are recommended, as steamy water can remove natural oils more easily resulting in dehydrated skin.
3. Keep lips hydrated. This seems like fall skin care common sense, but a lot of people don’t know what’s best for their lips. When we say hydrate we don’t mean by licking, as that can easily dry out lips and cause chapping. According to homeremediesforlife.com, natural ingredients present in our kitchens like sugar, milk cream and honey can act as wonderful healing and long-lasting hydrating agents for chapped lips. best way is to use plenty of lip balm and cover up those kissable puckers with a scarf on cold, windy days.
4. Avoid scented soaps. Mild soaps are best for dry skin. As WebMD explains, “antibacterial or deodorant soap may be doing you more harm than good, stripping your skin of essential oils.” The solution to this fall skin care dilemma is to read labels and be sure you’re washing with mild, only lightly scented or unscented soaps.
5. Try a natural face mask. There are lots of options you can do at home or most day spas offer natural face masks as an option if you want to splurge with this fall skin care tip. Pumpkin offers a lot of benefits for the skin including Vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, and more.
6. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. It’s extremely important to moisturize at all times. The great thing is you don’t need to purchase expensive products, but can you use items like petroleum jelly or mineral oil. Just remember to lather up to keep away that dryness.
Photo Credits: Fall foliage – Eco News Network; Fall Pumpkins – Frank Forbes