Steer away from the traditional pumpkin pie and try some vegan pumpkin cookies from Food.com. It’s a scrumptious fall treat and a great dessert for a Halloween party!
Vegan Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies
About This Recipe:
Makes 24 large or 48 small cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened
2 cups Libby’s canned pumpkin
1 tablespoon applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and vegan margarine or butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, applesauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;
- remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies.
- FOR GLAZE: COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons soymilk, 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.