With Halloween just around the corner, you’re probably looking for some yummy treats for the kids or to show off at a party. Why not go organic this year and make some chocolate peanut butter cupcakes? Check out this deliciousness thanks to “Joy the Baker!”
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes:
Makes 24 cupcakes
Cupcake recipe from Organic and Chic
2 1/4 cups organic all-purpose flour
2 cups organic cane sugar
1 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
2/3 cup organic canola oil
2 teaspoons organic white vinegar
2 cups cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, water, vanilla extract and vinegar.
- Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients being careful not to overmix. The mixture will be quite wet, but that’s ok.
- Pour the batter until the cups are two thirds full and place in the oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cup comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then place on a wire rack until completely cool before frosting.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
Enough to frost 24 cupcakes
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar (depending on your desired consistency)
1 tablespoon milk (or water will do too)
In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment, beat butter and peanut butter until creamy and virtually no butter lumps remain. Scrape down the bowl. Add three cups of powdered sugar and beat on low for 1 minute. Add milk and beat on medium high for 1 minute. Add the remaining cup of powdered sugar if you’d like your frosting a bit thicker. Slather frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with coarsely chopped peanut butter cups.