October 9, 2012
NBC’s new show “Revolution,” which some say resembles ABC’s fan favorite “Lost,” is one of the most intriguing fall shows. The story is about an American family struggling to survive, while searching for answers, after the electricity goes out worldwide. Each week, we will post highlights from the most recent episode. Here’s what went down this week.
1. Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos), Maggie (Anna Lise Phillips), Aaron (Zak Orth) and Miles (Billy Burke) were officially reunited last night. They continue, including Nora (Daniella Alonso), on their journey to find Danny (Graham Rogers) – they are only behind 24 hours. As they travel through an old amusement park, Miles discovers Nate (JD Pardo) is following them and he reluctantly joins the group, but only after he is cuffed.
2. Early in the episode, Aaron is bitten badly by a dog and Maggie comes to his rescue by killing the pooch. The owner is not happy and comes after them, along with his other dogs. Charlie and everyone find shelter in a diner, and just in the nick of time too – the dogs attack. Maggie falls behind and is badly stabbed in her leg artery by the dog owner. Later on, the dog owner finds his way into the diner and kidnaps Charlie. Don’t worry, because Nate and Miles come to the rescue and save her and kill the man.
3. Let’s flash over to Danny and Captain Neville (Giancarlo Esposito). The two are stuck in the middle of a bad tornado. Neville gets trapped underneath rubble and the good guy that Danny is pulls Neville out, but can’t get away quick enough, as Neville handcuffs him. Neville tells Danny he is “an important kid,” and more than he knows. What does this mean? Is there a hidden innuendo?
4. Sadly, the first big death occurred last night, and it’s none other than Maggie. After getting stabbed by the crazy dog owner, she can’t be saved and many tears were shed. This episode delved into Maggie’s life by showing her children and how she traveled across the country (from the West Coast to the East Coast) to find a way to get back to her family in England. She eventually gives up, but before she could do harm to herself, Ben (Tim Guinee) shows up and “saves her” in more ways than one. Maggie was somewhat of a mother figure for Charlie, so we’ll see how this effects her.
5. One big question was also answered: “How did Bass/Monroe (David Lyons) capture Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell)?” Even though it looks like Rachel left her family to find supplies, she actually gave herself over to the Monroe Republic. However, it wasn’t Monroe who told her to come, but it was Miles! So, this leaves us with more unanswered questions like, “Why did Rachel leave her family?” and “Why did Miles want her?”
The show is keeping viewers on their toes, with more questions left unanswered. To watch the latest episode, click here. Catch next week’s episode on Monday at 10 p.m. EST.