April 3, 2013
Spring is right around the corner! Soon, the sun will be shining, the birds will be chirping and the flowers will be blooming. This season is such a happy time, especially for us that live through harsh winters. To get you in the spring mood, each week we will be posting some of our favorite vegan spring recipes. Not only are these dishes delicious and healthy, but will make your season that much more delightful.
If you’re in the mood for refreshing flavors, then this recipe from Marla Meridith might just do the trick. This peach tapioca pudding will not only satisfy your taste buds, but will also put you in the mood for spring and summer!
Roasted Peach Tapioca Pudding
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 6 fresh Peaches, cut in half and pitted
- splash of Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- Tapioca Pudding
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Pearls
- 2 cups Light Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- pinch of fine Sea Salt
- pinch of ground Cinnamon (adjust to taste)
- Vegan Whipped Cream Topping
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees with the rack in the middle. Toss peach halves with some lemon juice and coconut oil. Place in a baking dish in a single layer, bake about 25-30 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Soak small tapioca pearls in 1 cup of cool water for 1 hour. In a saucepan bring tapioca, coconut milk, salt and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stir so your pudding does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Let pudding cool in the refrigerator until ready to use. It will thicken as it cools.
- Serve warm or cold with roasted peaches and vegan whipped cream.
- Feel free to use large or small tapioca pearls for this recipe. I chose the small, but both are fabulous!
Photo Credit: Marla Meridith Photography
Marla Meridith is the creator, photographer, stylist and go to gal behind the blog Family Fresh Cooking. She believes in real, whole foods for a happy, healthy, high energy life. She is obsessed with her family, food, travel, and coffee. Look for her on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and StumbleUpon too.