What better way to kick off the year than by thinking about some resolutions that will benefit our environment? Here are some ideas to get started.
1. Walk. Not only do we spare our atmosphere some pollution, but it’ll benefit us physically! Walking is the perfect way to promote a healthy lifestyle (and shed some of those extra holiday calories).
2. Buy local produce. This way we boost the local economy and get some delicious fruits and vegetables as a reward.
3. Ethical consumption. Along with buying local produce, we can extend the notion to many of the products we buy. For 2014 it’s important to make an effort to think about what we are buying and who we are buying it from, assuring ourselves that it is made taking ethical measures and with environmentally friendly materials.
4. Advocate. This one is easy, spreading the word is one of the most important tools we have when it comes to making a difference. Hear of any environmental issue of importance? Share it on Facebook, tell your friends, blog about it…
5. Recycle. Most of us do this already, but sometimes we can forget. Let’s make 2014 the best year of recycling yet.
6. Save energy. This can be done by simply turning the thermostat down a couple of degrees, making sure to shut the lights of rooms not in use, closing our windows, etc.
7. Public transportation. Sometimes it can be a hassle, but our planet will thank us for it.
These are seven, very small, but significant ways we can help the environment and ourselves this coming year. Got any more resolutions? Tell us about them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Credit: HD Wallpapers Inn