October is my favorite time of the year. I just can’t contain my enthusiasm when I see jack-o-lanterns smiling back at me from leaf ridden porches. Pumpkins excite me for a variety of reasons, baking the seeds, having fun carving them, etc. However now, I have discovered a new reason to love those jolly, orange squashes: face mask opportunity.
You may be thinking the same thing I was, pumpkins can be kind of gross during the carving process. Put that on my face? No thanks. Once you hear all the nutrients involved in this pumpkin face mask, you may just change your mind.
Pumpkins contain all of the following nutrients:
• Vitamins A, K, E, and C
• Minerals like potassium, iron, zinc, and magnesium
• Wrinkle-fighting antioxidants
• Enzymes which fight dry skin
Starting to sound appealing? I thought so. I suggest doing this mask when/if you are planning on carving a pumpkin so you can hit two crows with one stone.
1. Take about two tablespoons of pumpkin guts and blend them a bit in a food processor or blender until smooth but not liquid.
2. Mix one tablespoon of honey into the pumpkin mixture. Read about how honey is a naturally antibacterial wonder.
3. If you have oily skin, you can put one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in the mixture to dry up some of that excess oil.
4. Apply mask to your already washed face with your fingers and let sit for about 20 minutes.
5. Rinse, pat dry with a clean towel, and voila.
This mask is anything but scary. The only frightening thing about this Halloween is how good you’ll look!
Photo Credit: Flickr/jasoneppink